Good morning beautiful humans, happy Monday. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Thank you for spending part of your morning with me or evening depending on where you live in his great big world. Welcome to Life with Lane; my life through words, pictures, and food. Well, come on in…
As you can see I’m back from my hiatus. What a time to come back! OMG, so much is going on. Sense it seems like the country will be on a lockdown pretty soon I figure more people will have time to read; so it’s like the best time to sneak back in.
No one asked my opinion but me being me I’m going to give it anyway. Here’s what I think needs to happen during this Coronavirus outbreak.
2. The entire country needs to be put on a lockdown for 2 or 3 weeks. 2 because 3 is pushing it. Especially with families that have small children and teenagers, YIKES! Not just certain places, certain things, one at a time, everything needs to be shut down. All at the same time because if not, it’s not going to solve anything. (Yes, I know I started with number 2!)
1. People need to be given like 2 or 3 days notice to go out and get whatever they think they’ll need for the next 2 weeks before they are locked into their homes for 2 weeks.
3. The national guard needs to be activated. They’ll periodically go around and check on each family and deliver food and medical supplies as needed during this time.
4. All banks, mortgage companies, credit card companies, etc need to give all of their customers 1-3 month grace periods. Although the lockdown should be only 2 weeks or so, missing one or two paychecks can set people back a few months with bills. I imagine the paid time off won’t happen immediately.
5. Everyone affected financially by the shut down should be given paid time off. Tipped employees should be paid based on income they’ve averaged over the last month. Employers should be reimbursed by the government.
6. Only grocery stores, gas stations, and hospitals should be open. Maybe banks.
7. People that have special needs such as dialysis appointments, chemotherapy or radiation, should be allowed to attend appointments. However, they should be escorted by some from the national guard.
8. Vouchers should be given for food! Temporary shelters for pets for people that for some reason can’t have their pets with them during the lockdown.
Did I forget anything? Let me know what you guys think. Like, comment, subscribe. Thanks for reading my blog. Have a wonderful blessed day and always be kind. Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.comlifewithlane14
Stay safe out there my friends. Even if you think this is being blown out of proportion just listen to what doctors and scientists are saying. Better safe than sorry. Its not so bad having to stay home for a few weeks. That’s what Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video are for. Oh and can’t forget a good old book, AKA, the best thing ever!